Monday, February 04, 2008

Hungary

It has been a long time since I last posted. But I have been moving around so there is much i need to write about.

I was in Budapest this January. I was helping my friend to train leaders.

The training took place in the village next to a large lake called Balaton.

Everyday I met a man with an ax and a saw in his hand.



He talked to me in Hungarian. I didn't understand.

On the last day as I was leaving that place, I finally learned what he was saying.

"Where did you come from?"

I answered him, "from Tokyo"

He smiled and went to cut more trees.

It is already a new year. Year 2008. This week is the Chinese new year.

As I think of him, a question echoes in my mind.

"Where are you going?"

1 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Blogger Keith Webb said...

That guy is classic Eastern European!

I see him and have Peter and Wolf music running through my head!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home