Saturday, February 03, 2007

Leaderless organization?



Do you know what happens when you cut a starfish into two pieces?

You will have two starfish.

The starfish can regenerate five arms even from one living arm.

They have amazing power to regenerate.

While I was in the States, I attended the conference. One of the speakers of the conference was the author of the book called "The Startfish and the Spider: The Unstoppable Power of Leaderless Organizations."

This book introduces organizations like the starfish. They are decentralized organizations. Their characteristics are circles, catalysts, ideologies, pre-existing networks, and champions.

Are you interested in organizations like these?

1 Comments:

At 3:11 AM, Blogger takazawado said...

I learned a lot from this book. It is also easy and fun to read. I learned about the president of the internet and what the Apaches and the Quakers have in common. I also read a great description of a catalyst. A must-read for anyone who sees themself in that position...
I also think we all should be interested in starfish organizations since they are all around us and they help us to understand a lot of what is going on in the world.
On a personal note, I think this type of organization has a lot going for it that is attractive to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home