Thursday, February 01, 2007

I was in Southern California

I like cheese. I don't eat cheese that often in Tokyo. It is not cheap.

Last week I was in the States and I ate a cheese called "brie".



I like it a lot. I think it is one of my favorate cheese.

This cheese was first made in France. It has been made for more than 1000 years.

I went to Southern California and enjoyed French cheese....

I don't think people in Brie, France thought that a Japanese person would come to the USA to enjoy their cheese, do you?

Global? Are you enjoying it?

2 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Blogger takazawado said...

Brie is okay, but I prefer cheddar and fresh mozzarella. I remember when the only cheese you could get in Japan was processed. If we wanted the "real thing" we had to find some "cheese buddies" who would go in on a large imported cheese wheel. I remember how good that tasted and how we would ration it out.
I wonder if Brie in California is the same as Brie in France. I know Chinese food differs greatly between countries. I have also had Japanese food in the US that I have never seen in Japan!
So I think that there is still much to be said for local!!!

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Faith said...

Our kids got used to maribo cheese living here in Japan, so when we go to America, they don't like the cheddars and other strong flavored cheeses. Maribo is Danish...eaten in Japan, not found in America... Definately GLOBAL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home