Thursday, November 16, 2006

My Brothers?



Yesterday, I visited one of my Sri Lankan friends' camp ground called "Ape Kadella". Ape Kadella means "Our Nest." There are sewing training center, orphanage, church planting center, conference hall and the farm. On the farm, there are many pigs. The farm workers said I have the same skin color as those pigs. They said they are my brothers!!! We laughed a lot together.

The seminar went well. We really laughed a lot this week. The translators were both former participants of the training program and I first met them in 2002 when I visited and taught a session. It is always fun to see people again and catch up with them.

I am leaving Sri Lanka at 1:00am tonight.

3 Comments:

At 2:39 AM, Blogger Kari said...

Are you coming home now?
Thank you for the Japanese correction on my page. That was a translation from my Pastor. After 3 years here I have learned to use my jisho more than my non English speaking Sensei.

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ARE YOU BACK HOME NOW?? ARE THE FLOORS OF YOUR HOME VERY SHINY AND NICE?? LOVE TO HEAR MORE OF YOUR STORIES. HUGS, MOMMASAN

 
At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny! I don't think Caucasian Americans think of Japanese people as having pink skin like a pig! In fact, we might consider ourselves more pig-like (and though that's probably true in more ways than one, we wouldn't want to admit to that!)Interesting perception.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home